12.17.2006

Here on the West Coast of New England

Posted by Picasa



Vermont is the only New England state without ocean-front property. I'm not complaining - I see enough flatlanders just by living on Lake Champlain. But in the scheme of things, I'm an ocean girl. The CatMan is all about the mountains; he did a preternaturally good job of locating a living arrangement for us on VT's largest body of water WITH amazing views of the Green Mountains AND the Adirondacks.

By The Shore is my new 2007 calendar which will hang by my desk space here at home (replacing my 2006 Tropical Islands.) The scarf is an 'off-the-radar' project; I saw the yarn last weekend and immediately thought of blue sky, bluer water, sand, and wet rock.

Project Specs: 4 skeins of JoAnn's Sensations Confetti, a wool boucle blend in color #601 (I hereby dub thee "Beachcomber"). Using #10 1/2 needles, cast on 10 stitches and garter stitch until it's all gone (over 6' worth, thankyouverymuch).