12.13.2006

Happy Birthday!

My sister is a Christmas Baby - born a few days before the holiday, she came home on Christmas Day 40 years ago. My mother tells us that I was more than happy to play with her until she started crying, then I calmly informed my parents that I was done playing with my baby sister and could I have the real doll I'd asked Santa for? I never got the doll, but I still have the sister. We've had our share of ups and downs (I'm finally over finding my black angora sweater, stained and stuffed between the mattress and box spring. Really I am.) Sister expressed an interest in the Urban Rustics I knit for my niece (who I am convinced is probably the sister I should have had, but that's another story) so here's her pair.

Specs: Lion Brand Landscapes (50/50 wool/acrylic) in "Summer Fields". It took a smidge over 2 skeins (the remainder of the third skein made its way into the charity knit box) on 10 1/2 Brittanys. I think I like the look of the Rustics with this yarn moreover the Foliage I used for my niece's gloves.

Posted by Picasa

I still have one more pair of Rustics to make (for me!) using some homespun from the VT Sheep and Wool. But that's going to have to wait until I'm done with rest of my holiday knitting!