Time to play "2 week catch-up". The PA trip was great fun - we saw everyone we had planned to and brought home the necessary case of Yuengling Black and Tan. I did try my hand at Wii bowling but not DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). I also failed miserably at Guitar Hero 3 (but the song choice rocked!) and 80's version of SingStar (karaoke melded with the actual videos and bands). In between all that video activity, I did find time to knit.
A cap and booties for a co-worker's new little granddaughter. Project specs (cap): 1 skein of Artful Yarns' Candy working the simple pattern on the skein label. Project specs (booties): Saartjes's pattern using up a partial skein of red Classic Elite Silk on #2 needles. I modified the pattern to do a 'mary jane' strap.
Lady MacWisp. Project specs: 1 skein of KidSilk Night in "Macbeth" (a deep purply color with silver thread) done on #8 Addis. I modified the pattern to do all the lace stitch without the interspersed garter bands. Oooo, sparkly - just not in this picture!
And what would the new year be without a pair of socks on the needles? Sad, I tell you! Ever the Scotswoman, this pair is using up 2 odd stash skeins.
2008 may turn into the year of MORE SPARKLE!
AND SOCKS!Stop the insanity!



