10.27.2007

Cleaning up the corners.

This rainy weekend appears to be perfect for cleaning up the corners and tying up loose ends. The Double Eyelet scarf is blocking (note to Santa - blocking wires. I've been very very good). My glovelets are done and the Christmas Pair have been cast on. A Christmas Wisp is also making headway on the needles, and I even found some time to work on the Suede Surprise. The surprise may be that I will actually finish it.

Project specs - Lang's Jawoll Color Superwash 549-65 colorway (olive green with copper and blue shadings. Done on Brittany #2 DPNS. I knit one size up from the pattern (an addition of 4 stitches) and still used less than one skein of yarn.

I've cleaned off my desk and weeded out my desk drawers (where magazines, catalogs and FOs go to hide from the roving TerrorCat band.) I've got a few phone calls to make, emails to send, one last strip of doorway trim to paint, and stair painting to work on. The Netflix queue needs to be refreshed (it turns out the video store near my office where I get fill-in movies is ridding themselves of their VHS selection and not replenishing them with DVDs.)

The rain is also aiding and abetting my sinus headache, so I foresee a curl-up on the couch with a few cats and some knitting. The weekly domestic goddessing can wait.

And this was my birthday card from the CatMan (see - I really did have to clean off my desk!)
Genie: "...And for your third wish?" Cat: *happily dazed with 2 shiny bright balls of yarn at her feet*
Dog: "Seriously, you might want to stop and give this a little more thought."
But the best part is the inside of the card- the kitty, wearing a party hat, snoozily wrapped around a third ball of yarn.