
Here's Frenchy's toque done in 2 x 2 ribbing. Since I'm not a personal fan of the look of decreased ribbing, I chose to make the red and yellow area at the top just stockinette. All the yarn used for this hat was a recycled gift from a friend - the gray yarn was actually two strands together wound into a ball. I diligently unwound it and rolled it into separate balls, but had NO IDEA it was two different colors of grey until I took this picture. To explain - the contrast is much more apparent in bright lighting (the flash of the camera), and I have old eyes and new glasses. Frenchy likes the subtleness of the color transition (it is subtle. really.) and is very happy with the hat.
In other news, I am looking forward to having 6 DAYS off starting Thursday. My list is getting long, but definite projects to finish include 3 Dulaan projects in various stages of doneness, my mom's Koigu scarf and two helmet liners for Kimberly. And then I can start my holiday knitting. And maybe finishing 1 x 3!