8.02.2006

Farm Living


People are amused to no end when I tell them I live on a farm. I'm amused when my day starts off encountering my 4-footed neighbors. For instance, today I played horse wrangler. Ayep, as I pulled out to go to work this morning, Miss Diamond (all of 6 days old) was standing in the middle of our parking area. She did not want to be herded back to the lush pasture on the other side of the fence - probably to avoid the equine chewing-out Momma was gonna give her. Luckily, our farmhand extraordinaire showed up just in time to save the horses from their state of distress and me from electrocuting myself as I tried to figure out how to open the pasture fence.
This little adventure made up for the fact it was 90 freakin degrees when I woke up this morning. In our bedroom. With the windows open and the fans going.
But I'm not letting a little heat get in the way of knitting. Nosireebobcattail. I started swatching a sweater for a co-worker's new baby nephew. It's a sweet little cardigan with a fake cable rib.