Let's all heave a big sigh of relief and give homage to the completed Citrus Rib Bag as she sits on her throne. All stages of the handles wore me down and out. From finding the right handles, placing the grommets, finding a way to attach the handles, to actually attaching the handles - I was ready to toss it in the Lake by the time all was said and done. But I think I learned for the future if I do decide to "go there" again.
Here's a little look-see inside the bag: the fabric is a remnant piece of yellow cotton cut to the dimensions of the knitted pieces, fusible interfacing was ironed on, and then whole thing was handsewn by moi.
Project Specs: Orange acrylic of unknown origin, knit in 2 x 2 rib on #4 needles. The body of the bag was knit in one long strip, then side pieces were added. After bag was sewn together, a Bernat Boa cuff was knit onto the bag using #10.5 needles. Bag is lined with cotton fused with interfacing. Wood bead handles were attached using grommets and D-rings (placed only through the body of the bag, not the cuff.)


