7.06.2005

Not that excited

Yesterday was the yarn crawl to Patternworks in NH. Maybe it was the stormy day, or the fact my car battery died (and we had to take Mr Catty's unairconditioned luxurymobile), or that we got a later start than planned, or maybe it was just the catalog was a better experience than the store. Don't get me wrong, the store was beautiful - windows on 3 sides, hardwood floors, lots of room to maneuver. I just found it...overwhelming and not a good way. On my 3rd pass around the store, Mr Catty remarked, "You know, the store is not that big." After a 3 hour drive, I felt it necessary to make it worth the trouble to get there.
Because of the unexpected (and at that point, unknown $$) car trouble, I was conservative in my spending. Which was unfortunate since the Tropical Tee pattern calls for tape yarn and there were some beauties calling my name. The Wildflowers may be destined for a shell. The Artful Yarns is stash enhancement.




I've been wanting "Cathay" for a while. I'm eyeing up the Shrug, the A-line Ribbed Jacket, the Ribbon-Edged Cardi and the Beaded Sweater. Did I buy yarn for any of those projects? Anope.Posted by Picasa