9.01.2008

In praise of the long weekend.

I love the feeling of accomplishment. The apartment is clean, the laundry done and ironed, scones baked, and the Ukraine hats are done.

Project specs: Misc. wool remants from Kyarn's felting basket. Pattern is Seaman's Cap by Brenda Zuk, using #5 and #8 Brittany DPNS.

The Catman and I spent Saturday helping friends prepare their new home for human habitation. Dude, it took a PUTTY KNIFE to clean out the refrigerator! We were up on ladders cleaning windows, steaming off wallpaper, cutting down trees, and down on hands and knees pulling carpet staples out of the subflooring. Sore does not begin to describe the ache in our bodies. Of course, sitting in the car to drive to Boucherville's IKEA on Sunday didn't help that ache any! Once again the border patrol guard was slightly disbelieving of our IKEA receipt. "That's all you bought?" What can I say? It's not about the stuff, it's about the ideas.

Today is all about the lolling around, making some lists and gearing up for September. I hope you all have had a great holiday weekend! And don't forget, VT's Sheep and Wool Festival is next weekend!