12.30.2006

The best-laid plans

Plan #1 - My own pair of Urban Rustics. The yarn I originally picked (some light green homespun from VT Sheep and Wool) wasn't enough. Barely. Grrr. So I changed the plan by picking up some Red Heart Aztec (78% acrylic/13% mohair/9% poly). I thought "I'll make sure I have enough" and bought 3 skeins. I used just over 1. So the rest is going to be Red Scarf #4.


Here's a closeup of the buttons. I love the buttons (A JoAnn's find).



Plan #2 - Knit myself the perfect scarf. After 5 frogs, I gave up. The pattern just didn't work. Actually the pattern worked, it was the person knitting that had the problem. I needed a no-thought project. One of the people we visited during our time in PA asked for a black scarf. So while at AC Moore (home of the Aztec), I snagged some Patons Allure in Sapphire. It seemed to be a very dark blue with black. However in the bright sunlight, the blue appeared lighter. I loved the coloring, but I had a feeling the person who requested the scarf would not. So I finished the scarf for the 2007 Red Scarf project.

Project specs: 3 skeins of Patons Allure, color 04110 Sapphire on 10.5 Brittanys. Cast on 20 stitches and knit in garter until all gone.



Plan #3 - Finish the McGinny's socks. Well I'm about ready to start the heel flap on the second sock. Maybe by New Year's Day?