These Cascade 220 colors make me think of warm, comforting things like tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. The CatMan took one look at it and said, "Why are you knitting a McDonalds scarf?" Norma has already cautioned me against putting my response in print on the grounds it may incriminate me later.
I'm ticking off the projects with deadlines and this is the most pressing. Baby is due in less than one month with mom feeling like she could go at any time. I thought I could make this pattern in Sockotta and it would be successful. Now I'm having some doubts:
Notice the lack of matchy front stripe-age. And the big bars of colors on the sleeves. The pattern has a remarkable lack of guidance - at no point are you given the overall length of the garment or the sleeves. This is a slight problem for me since I don't have kids or know of anyone within a needle's throw who does. So I culled what information I could from other baby patterns I had on hand. I'm thinking once I finish, block this puppy, and sew on the buttons I will be much happier than I am right now.
And in preparation for upcoming projects, I wound off some more of the "alpaca cones that will not die." Note the green/blue cone is a full 2.2 kilos; the burgundy and black have had some major knitting applied against them. I think I'll be keeping company with these kids for a good long time.
