
Here is the Sari Silk Scarf knit from the recycled silk yarn I picked up at the Vermont Sheep and Wool Festival. Note to anyone using this yarn: when you are blocking it (yes, I gave it a cool, handwash bath), you will need to open all windows and extinguish all open flame, 'cause dang! The fiber smells as if it is magically spun from pure gasoline. Once the scarf is dry, there are no worries (and I didn't detect petrol fumes when I knitted it, just some not-unpleasant funky organic scents). Truly, I love this scarf - the way the colors surprised me as I knitted it and the way it drapes.
Scarf details: Wool Peddler Kathmandu Unrefined on #7 Inox straights. It's about 5' long, 3 3/4" wide.
Pattern (over 20 stitches)
Row 1: K3, YO, K2tog, K12, K2tog, YO, K3
Row 2: K3, Purl 14 (including the YOs), K3
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until desired length. The K3 on each side helps the curling issue (and the blocking takes care of the rest of it). I tapered the ends by decreasing/increasing the K2togethers at the appropriate ends.

And here's a little glimpse of Red Scarf #1 (ayep, the wonky one is frogged back to the diamonds). This one is knit with some leftover Koigu and the red alpaca cone that will not die