9.10.2006

Wonky and Wild on the West Coast of New England

I ended up going to the VT Sheep and Wool Festival. I wasn't gonna - crappy weather along with morning and evening plans on Saturday seemed like the excuse I was looking for. Right. Uh-huh.

This is some recycled silk yarn purchased from The Wool Peddler. I have knitted with recycled yarn before, but I really like this all-silk version. You can't tell from the wonky photo, but it's shiny, soft, and making a perfect little 'tossed-on chic' scarf for moi. I also purchased some funky yellow-green handspun/dyed wool (sorta the same color as the background of the lower left quilt block above) from a little NH farm with no website.

IMHO, the Sheep and Wool Fest wasn't nearly as much fun as last year (and it has nothing to do with the fact it wasn't the same weekend as KYarns Tent Sale.) The location at the Fairgrounds had moved and the exhibits/vendors were in two different buildings instead of under one roof. Many of us trotted down one path only to be redirected and backtracked by fair personnel (note to the powers that be: signs are our friends). It didn't seem there were as many vendors (no Dorchester Farms this year...wah!) and far more roving than a non-spinner needs to see. But as I said, this is just my humble opinion.

In other knitting news: a finished pic of the Dangerous Serengeti Wrap (it's folded in half here), appropriated by Miss Cashew who is fighting the good fight with another bladder stone (we believe she is winning this one thanks to a special diet).

Here's the start of the Top Down Swing Coat. I'm trying to ignore the sneaky suspicion that I may not have enough yarn.
And to confirm my total lack of self-control in the WIP department, here's a pic of Red Scarf #1, utilizing the OCD squares. This is a case where the object is definitely wonky, not the photograph - I just need to decide how much wonk I'm willing to deal with.