8.16.2006

Twisted Rib Cardi


This sweet little sweater is for Baby Sam, my friend Snoozie's new baby nephew. Sam was born with perineal anoplasty which will require a series of surgeries over the next few months. However, Snoozie is happy to report he is a whopping 7 lbs and the most beautiful and contented baby she has ever seen.

The Twisted Rib Cardi took a smidge over 2 skeins of Plymouth Wildflowers DK on #3 needles (for the ribbing) and #4 needles for the body. The buttons are little green ceramic dinosaurs purchased from
KYarns. The whole sweater is supposed to be knit in pieces and seamed. I chose to knit the fronts and back, seaming the sides, then picking up stitches around the armholes and knitting down the sleeves. I think it worked out well - no futzing with setting in the sleeves and I had the added bonus of knitting the sleeves in the round.

This is definitely a do-again pattern.