I made some great progress in my Lenten 40-day home purge. My criteria for this purge is to pare down to what I really love/need/gotta clean. Purged items will include those things I thought I had to hold on to...for whatever misguided reason.
My process: Almost every night after dinner this week, I picked an area to purge. Keeping it small - like our nightstand tables - made the process less daunting and kept me from taking on more than I wanted to handle in an hour or so. I just pulled stuff out and moved it to my craft room work table. Yesterday morning, I spent a few hours sorting everything into its appropriate pile, boxing it all up, and taking pictures.
Here's the donate pile: the yarn is going to Hats for Hunger, the books to the Colchester book sale box, and the other stuff to Goodwill (the prescription bottles hold costume jewelry.)
Donate pile #2 to Goodwill.
Garbage (including some expired medicines, toiletries, and hopelessly tangled yarn.)
Recycling (you can't see it in this pic, but the cans are sitting on a big ol' stack of paper.)
Items from the kitchen - most of it going into the yard sale box.
More stuff for the yard sale box.
Totals so far: Some items are grouped as 1 item - for example, the stack of paper for recycling. Garbage: 22 items
Recycling: 12 items
Donated: 38 items
Yard sale: 75 items
For a current total of 147 items purged out of our home!
Rooms purged:
Living room, bathroom, my desk area, craft room, night stands, clothes closet and bureau, kitchen.
Left to do:
Storage areas (2), off-season clothing.





