2.13.2011

Sittin' and knittin'

Over the Christmas holidays, I was given a large bag of alpaca yarn. As a thank you for such a generous windfall, I knit this wrap with some of the yarn. The yarn is Classic Elite Inca: I used the blue and multi colorways from the bag. The stitch is a very easy lace pattern: basically Knit 2, [Yarn Over, Knit 2 together] until the last two stitches, then Knit 2. I picked up the stitches and added a ruffle to both ends. This yarn knit up quickly on #10 circs and the resulting fabric is lightweight but very very warm.

This pair of socks uses On Line Supersock Cotton Beach Colors in colorway 947. I'm not fully feeling the beachy vibe just yet (maybe when the thermometer decides to break 0 degrees?), but it's good to have another pair of socks in the drawer.
Once I finished these projects, I tried my hand at a little crochet. But that's a post for another day.