10.14.2010

Getting creative with paper and primer

Wrapping paper and spray adhesive are my friends. Here I used it to camouflage my bill and office supplies bin. All I did was cut the paper to the dimensions of the hanging folder, then used spray adhesive to adhere it. Total time: 5 minutes. I liked the look so much that I used the paper from the dresser drawers (see below) to cover the other side of the hanging folder so I can get spring/summery when it's time. Total cost: $0.00 (already had the wrapping paper!)

I used this wrapping paper to do our night tables and main dresser drawers as well as my desk drawers. In the past, I have just laid the paper in the drawers, but eventually it slips and slides, wrinkling up in the corners. This time, I used the spray adhesive! (I know, I know - it takes me a while). Now I'm so happy when I catch a glimpse of the bright florals. Total cost: $1.00 for the roll of wrap from Big Lots.


And here is a progress shot of the $6.00 table. I reglued the veneers, sanded all the wood surfaces, and then primed. I'm going to touch up some of the gaps that the primer revealed, then give it a coat of paint. Hopefully, that will be happening this weekend.(And btw, dollar store vinyl picnic table cloths make great drop cloths.)