The bookends on my nightstand are plain black metal - blah! So I sorted through my scraps and made reversible covers. The red side is for fall and winter, the green side is spring and summer. I handstitched the vintage lace around the bottom to finish them off. Total cost for the project: $0.00 - all from the stash.
Here they are in action.
I found this log cabin quilt square in a 'free' box in a dusty corner of an antique shop this summer. Finding the square reminded me I had another one, given to me ages ago by my step-MIL. I hand-stitched each of the squares to some fabric from the stash to make a reversible pillow. Total cost for this project: $1.00 for the ringbearer's pillow form I picked up in Goodwill (The sparkly pillowcase went into the stash for some future project).
The lace edging on this pillow is lace I knitted myself.



