So I haven't been able to post from home - Blogger hasn't been willing to load my photos. I finally had the chance this weekend to finish off a few things, so I sent all my finished object shots to my email and am uploading them here at work. Take that Blogger!
FO (finished object) #1 is a set of homemade Swiffer pads for a friend's birthday this week. I only had 'sticky' Velcro and I'm here to tell you that is NOT something Martha (my sewing machine) liked. At. All. Total cost: $8.00 - $2.00 for the towel upcycled from Goodwill, and $6.00 for the non-sticky Velcro. I only needed the 'non-picky' side of the Velcro, so if you have any projects utilizing the 'picky' side, let me know. I've got lots of it left.
FO #2 are hotpads based on this crazy coaster pattern. I made two sets - one for me and one for friends who just bought a house...a year ago. Yep, I know. I'm right on top of it. Total cost: $14.00 - $2.00 for the jean skirt upcycled from Goodwill, $5.50 for the thread (Coats and Clark Rayon Twist multicolored), $6.50 for the Insulbright lining. The hanging loop ribbons are from my stash.
FO #3: this little bottle has been beckoning me to buy her for several months. So this past weekend, I did. Then I gussied her up with a beaded necklace and a little gold piece from my grandmother's jewelry box. Total cost: $2.40 for the bottle. The cork and beads were from my stash.
FO #4 was a totally free project: the cardboard box was salvaged from work, the paper, ribbon, and upholstery brads are all from my stash. Right now, the box is housing all that &@#* Velcro!
FO #5 is proof that sometimes, upcycling isn't quite as thrifty as I hope. I've loved the "picture frame to tray" transformations I've seen around the innernets and thought it was high time to try it for myself. Total cost:$22.50 - $6.50 for the hardware (the handles and the screws/bracing bars on the back of the tray), $2.00 for the solid wood frame, $14.00 for the acrylic tray top, $0.00 for the Pellegrino foil lids, scrapbook paper, and the plywood for the back of the tray.




