I was really looking forward to having a few days off this month to accomplish my big to-do project: wallpapering our hall. I had the supplies and the manpower all lined up, unfortunately my 150 year-old walls had a different idea. *sigh* Not to worry - the walls will be recovered eventually in MDF paneling - I'm just not sure when that is going to happen.
However, I was able to finish another Christmas project: this is for my Bingo-crazy sister. Angela at Junk and Disorderly came through on the vintage Bingo game. I used spray adhesive to attach the cards to a stretched canvas, then used glue dots to attach the wooden game pieces. I painted the edges with a rust-toned red (to match the game pieces) and then Mod-Podged the whole kit and kaboodle. Total cost for the project: $12.00 (the game was $8.00 and I have tons of cards and game pieces left, the canvas was $4.00. Everything else was from my craft stash.)
Also from Junk and Disorderly is this great Viking Artline chair. My plan is to strip the wood and stain it a deep reddish brown, then recover the upholstery in a grey men's suiting fabric. What makes this chair a steal is the $12.00 price tag. Uh huh. Heck, I'll leave it covered in green vinyl for that price!

