6.26.2010

Full of Fail and Win

Image courtesy of Failblog.org, saved to my server
I can very easily fall into the "Life is full of Fail" mode. I make goals, lists, and expectations for myself every day. Yet depending on the day, my hormones, interruptions, and other variables, I fall short. So over the past few weeks, I've been trying to change my mindset from "Unattainable Perfection" to "Reasonable". "Reasonable" is not slacking, procrastinating, or giving up. It is acknowledging "This is a temporary place where I can rest and be refreshed while on this earth." It is a place of nurture and safety, not a place to be enslaved by the never ending to-do list. Yep, that all sounds good on the computer screen, now the difficulty is living it.

One of the 'wins' this month is finding a chair for our bedroom area. I wanted something simple, mid-century, with arms. Enter Craigslist. Here's my score - $10.00 and a good hot soapy bleach bath later (she's currently covered in white 'pleather') This fall, she will be off to be recovered, but for right now I enjoy her retro cool in the corner.

Another win is this scarf for a coworker. I knitted one for her a few years ago, which she promptly gave to her son/lost. I'm counting this one as a win because it was knit with (3) 1.00 skeins of mixed fiber yarn from Big Lots and the knit-up yarn is cuter than the yarn in the skein led me to believe. Hmmm, maybe I should go back and stock up on a few more colors. I'm also counting this as a win since the shrug cardi I'm currently knitting is too big - the "I didn't swatch" fail strikes again!