2.23.2010

I got 'er done

Part of the fun over at Kimba's DIY day!
The red cropped cardi was finished by Valentine's Day. I didn't wear it yet, but it's done. I'm not overjoyed by the sleeves, but after blocking they seemed to settle down a bit.


Project specs: pattern of my own devising using just under 10 skeins of Berroco Pure Merino on #7 needles. The buttons were salvaged off a jacket.

The other FO is the sock yarn scarf. This project made a reasonable dent in the sock yarn remnants, and I definitely think I'll do something like this again.

Project specs: the pattern is knit in the round on #4 double point needles, alternating strands of remnant sock yarn (2 colors -switching out to a new color when one runs out). The ends of the scarf are knit using 2 x 2 ribbing in solid black (mimicking a Gap scarf from last winter). The best part? All the ends are concealed in the tube so no weaving in! Particularly nice when you've got close to a bazillion little pieces.

Hopefully next week, I'll have a finished quilted headboard and a little DIY cake stand to show off...