7.31.2009

Presenting the new craft room!

As I have posted before, we are doing on-going work at the CattyAbode. Two years ago, I realized we had lived in the same place for 10 years and there were things I absolutely hated about my home. I was tired of 'making due' with someone else's decorating choices and living with 'one day I'll have my own place'-itis. Right now this IS my home, albeit rented, but there is no reason why I can't have things to my liking.
Here is the finished craft room: (oops, little picture of the view into the craft room from our bedroom area. The door accesses our new storage/attic area) Here's directly to the left of the entrance into the craft room. The pie safe is a custom piece I had made over 17 years ago. It has been in all of our kitchens until now. (Say "hi" to my Peeps.) I still have some organization to do in the pie safe.
And here is my craft desk overlooking the back 40. The vintage desk is maple with an enameled metal top (think old enameled metal camp coffee pots). I picked up the milk glass lamp for $5.00, painted the brass white, and switched out the shade with another one I had in the house. And hey, my Target chair was a whopping $14.00!
At the same store where I bought the milk glass lamp, I fell in love with this old china hutch. With the pie safe gone, I needed another storage piece in the kitchen. This is the hutch in its stripped state - this weekend I'm hoping to stain the outside and paint the inside one of those turquoise shades.
It hasn't been all about the house: meet Mrs. Robinson, a triangular scarf using Berroco's Seduce. Get it? "Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me?" Ok, nevermind.
And a helmet liner for a Reservist co-worker headed out to Afghanistan.
And of course, life would not be complete without some socks on the needles.