12.23.2008

A whirlwind in a snowstorm

Today kicks off the frenzy of preparations for our annual "can't hit a moving target" tour of PA. We leave Wednesday (though I hear rumors of a nor'easter). The gifts are bought and wrapped, the checklist is made, cat care arranged, and reservations confirmed. Today is cleaning and laundry, tomorrow is 'find home for refrigerator perishables', and Monday and Tuesday are 'pack clothes and stuff and figure out how to fit it all in the rental car'. All of this around our regular work schedules (in which I'm training two people to cover my workload).

We had a beautiful snowfall last night and the CatMan is taking advantage of it by hiking/climbing at Smuggs. I've been finishing off projects left and right to empty the bag for the travel knitting.

First off is a felted CD basket made from scraps. I used the Cocktail Monkey purse pattern from Knitty as a template.


Then a Bubby to go with R's Helena - Project specs: The Bubby pattern uses about 1/2 skein of Wildflower DK on #3 DPNs.

And then I finished off a Christmas collar out of Tilli Tomas' Peonies. The pattern is a simple lace rib. It's light and warm and will be great for travel.