Sometime in the past two weeks, my blogiversary came and went with nary a nod from me. Maybe next year, we'll have a big party complete with prizes, cake and beer. This year, I'm in the home zone. Actually for the past 18 months I've been in the home zone, with the last few months being less about the renovations and more about decluttering/simplifying.
It is amazing to me that the more I declutter, the more I find to do. And I'm a purger by nature! I think a lot of it has to do with the fact this is the longest we have lived in any one place and the natural purging that happens when you move hasn't happened here in 12 years. I also find that as I get older, I get more ruthless. I have never been a sentimentalist, but now I'm finding stuff that was on the fine line between 'memory' or 'dust catcher' status has fallen decisively onto the "I don't want to clean/maintain this anymore" side of the fence. So Goodwill has received several CattyAbode dropoffs in the past month (cast iron skillets and a set of dishes, anyone?)
While I'm in the home zone, knitting is now deadline-driven only. I'm working on Chas Arthur's baby sweater, which is not speedy due to the sock yarn/#3 needle concept. And since he was born last Sunday (2 weeks early, thankyouverymuch) at almost 9 lbs, I've kicked the sweater up a size which only compounds my problem.
So it's time for me to get back to work, but I thought you might enjoy a picture of Isabelle in an empty box (I was purging old receipts and records.) I think she's honing her Serengeti skills.