12.08.2007

Crappy week saved by knitting

I've been crappy sick this week - long story shortened to "chemical imbalance/panic attacks/take these meds now". Still not feeling great and probably won't for another few weeks (I've put my request in for "by Christmas"). But I did get some knitting done - actually it was the saving grace of the week.


Here's the CatMan's Tychus. Project specs: Cascade 220 in black and charcoal grey done on #9 Brittanys. The yarn is held doubled which I found to be a pain in the patootie, but it finished nicely. If I was knitting it again, I would cast on a few more stitches to make it a bit longer when the brim is rolled up. Of course the CatMan is wearing it now (I think 'cause he likes it and not just because I knit him something.) When I finished the hat, I immediately cast on an easy, no-thinking project. The Regia 6-ply is nice and wooly with a bit more heft than most of my other socks, so I'm looking forward to finishing these and getting them on my toodies!

Hope all your holiday knits are going well. Maybe my next post will be more dynamic!